Calligraphy Experience Workshop in Tokyo
外国人も参加する書道のワークショップです♪ 色紙に来年の抱負や好きな言葉を筆で書き、素敵な習字作品を作りませんか？プロの書道の講師が書き方を指導します♪カラーペイントも用意しますので、季節のものや好きな絵を描くこともできます♪ オリジナルの一枚を作りましょう♪ワークショップの後は、他の参加者との交流の時間があります。飲み物・お菓子を用意させて戴きます。英語や外国語を使って、たくさんお話しください♪
Write characters with traditional ink and a brush on Japanese paper. Learn how to use calligraphy brushes, choose your favorite kanji (Chinese character) and actually write it with ink and the brush. A Japanese calligraphy artist will teach you how to use a brush that is most suitable for you. The history and the meaning of the chosen kanji will be explained so you can enjoy calligraphy even more. You can draw any pictures you like also paste pictures on the paper, for example anime characters and seasonal staffs if you want. Color drawing tools are prepared. After the workshop, you can enjoy talking with the other participants. There are some drinks and snacks.
You can also check the detail from this link.
- Participate without bringing anything
- Duration : 120 minutes
- Practice by choosing your favorite kanji
- The history and background of your chosen kanji will be explained
- The lecturer is a Japanese calligraphy artist who mastered both traditional Chinese calligraphy and contemporary・practical Japanese calligraphy
- Draw pictures you like on the paper. Also you can paste pictures. Please bring materials if you have any pictures you want to paste.
- Enjoy talking with the other participants after the work shop.
Arrival→Calligraphy experience→Talking time (drinks and snacks) →End
Here, while receiving direct guidance from a professional lecturer, you can experience writing your favorite kanji character chosen by yourself using Japanese traditional ink and a brush. You will be taught by a Japanese calligraphy artist who mastered both traditional Chinese calligraphy and contemporary・practical Japanese calligraphy. You can learn authentic calligraphy by using brushes that anyone can use. At the beginning at the lesson, in addition to learning to use a brush, you can learn the meaning and history of your chosen kanji. When you know the background of a kanji character well, a deeper level of understanding will be born and it will turn into a work that is special for you. Under the guidance of a lecturer you will repeat practicing the character many times and when it takes shape, it's time to use the brush daringly. All the tools and materials necessary for the experience are prepared so you can come freely without bringing anything. Even for those who've never tried calligraphy, please come and visit us. With this calligraphy experience, won't you brush up your senses?
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：120 min.
- Meeting point： Shakujii Park Civilian exchange center 2nd floor Japanese room
1 min from North exit of Shaykujii koen sta. (Seibu ikebukuro line)
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place/Shakujii+Koen+Kumin+Koryu+Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org,139.6046596,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x6018ee9da571c7bd:0x287f532c8f382472!8m2!3d35.7442683!4d139.6076529?hl=en Leave Shakujiimashi station (G18) from north exit and go straight. You will see the entrance of Civilian exchange center.
Going inside, and there is the elevator and stairs, so please go up to 2nd floor.
There are book store and family mart etc on the 1st floor of the building.
- Language support：Japanese, English menu and English-speaking staff available
- Included ： Calligraphy experience
- Reservation Ticket¥0¥00¥0